Covid-19 Safety Protocol
Katonah Art Center Protocols
Please note that the protocols set forth are subject to change at the discretion of KAC.
KAC Inside Space
- All students, campers and visitors MUST wear a mask at all times while in the KAC building.
- The registration desk will be equipped with a Plexiglass barrier.
- If at any time a student or staff member shows any sign of possible illness they will be separated and will leave the building. If a minor, a parent or guardian will be contacted and asked to have the student picked up. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to promptly pick up their child.
- The number of students/campers per room will be limited to facilitate social distancing.
- Every classroom will contain four to six “cubicles” with plastic barriers
- Students will be escorted to their classrooms while maintaining social distancing.
- Minors will be escorted (with masks) by a staff member (also with a mask) to the bathroom or outdoor space.
- KAC will be cleaned every morning by our professional cleaners.
- Studios and bathrooms will be cleaned during the day.
- Cubicles will be cleaned during the lunch hour before afternoon classes.
- Social Distancing
- Travel throughout the building by campers, students and other KAC visitors will be restricted. This includes but is not limited to halls, bathrooms, and common areas.
- Use of the sinks in the art studios will be monitored.
- Campers and students may be required to bring in certain materials previously supplied by KAC such as paper towels and hand sanitizer.
- Virtual campers and students will have their supplies available for pick-up prior to the start of their camp/class.
- Students must provide their own materials for all classes with the exception of clay and glazes.
- Paintings and drawings must go home at the end of each day. There will be no storage of artwork at KAC.